Hyatt Chef de Partie - Banquets Kitchen in MELBOURNE, Australia
About Park Hyatt Melbourne
Finding luxury in every detail, Park Hyatt hotels provide an experience of sophisticated, contemporary luxury. Located among the world’s premier cities and resort destinations, each custom-designed Park Hyatt hotel combines distinct regional character with elegant brand touches.
About the Role
As the Chef de Partie, you will be responsible for maximizing guest satisfaction by providing the highest level of quality and consistency in the dishes produced and contributing to the overall success of the Events Kitchen, in accordance with the established Brand Standards of Hyatt International and financial goals. Working in a team of 10, you will support the Executive Sous Chef in supervising and managing the day to day operations as well as supporting the team to achieve our purpose.
This varied and dynamic role provides a chance to develop your Hospitality career within an international company; either in Australia or overseas.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Assist in maximizing employee morale and productivity
- Prepare, create and present all dishes for client events
- Ensure all dishes from the section are prepared consistently and according to standard
- Assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance periodically
- Assist in the training and guidance of culinary employees
- Lead and organize kitchen operations in the absence of the Executive Sous Chef, Sous Chef and Chef Tournant
- Monitor food and operating costs by reducing waste
- Evaluate local, national and international market trends
Ensure all employees deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times Qualifications
Certificate III in Commercial Cookery / equivalent
- A local certificate in Food Handling, Hygiene, HACCP or equivalent
- Previous work experience in a similar position in a fast-paced, bulk production environment
- A strong attention to detail and exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to lead subordinates and delegate tasks
- The flexibility to work on a rotating roster including weekends and public holidays
The ability to create a positive first impression with an understanding of the importance of 5 star grooming A career with Hyatt opens a world of opportunities. We have continually been named one of the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces.
Our values of Empathy, Creativity, Fun, Humility, Integrity and Respect are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. To get a peek of how our colleagues experience the brand, check out #InAHyattWorld or #WorldofHyatt at www.melbourne.park.hyatt.com and @parkhyattmelbourne
If you are looking for a fulfilling career, please apply through www.hyatt.jobs
Primary Location: AU-VI-Melbourne
Organization: Park Hyatt Melbourne
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MEL001492